Miami-Dade County in Florida has approved a resolution to create a task force to study the feasibility of accepting cryptocurrency as a form of payment for taxes.
- The Cryptocurrency Task Force will offer recommendations around other potential policies related to crypto that could prove advantageous, according to an announcement Wednesday.
- First and foremost, the task force will explore how Miami-Dade could accept crypto as a method of payment for taxes, fees and services.
- The task force also intends to meet with Cheyenne, Wyoming-based American CryptoFed DAO, the first legally recognized decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) in the U.S., and other legislators and regulators in Wyoming to discuss crypto and blockchain initiatives.
- Wyoming has attempted to attract investment in recent years through establishing itself as a crypto and blockchain-friendly state, passing legislation in April to legally recognize DAOs, companies whose governance is built on smart contracts and where decision making is shared around the organization.
- The City of Miami is another jurisdiction to have adopted such a stance, thanks to some degree to its pro-crypto Mayor Francis Suarez.
Read more: Is Crypto Miami for Real?
Credit: Source link